No-Fuss Avocado Onion Salad Recipe
My mother, Nena, grew up in Cuba and learned many styles of cooking. She had a knack for making something incredibly simple taste incredibly amazing. This salad is proof. By itself, the dressing is really tart, but add the avocados and onions and it's the perfect complement. —Marina Castle, Canyon Country, California
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Arrange avocado and onion slices on a large platter. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; drizzle over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 147 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for No-Fuss Avocado Onion Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC