No-Fuss Avocado Onion Salad
My mother, Nena, grew up in Cuba and learned many styles of cooking. She had a knack for making something incredibly simple taste incredibly amazing. This salad is proof. By itself, the dressing is really tart, but add the avocados and onions and it's the perfect complement. —Marina Castle, Canyon Country, California
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Arrange avocado and onion slices on a large platter. In a small bowl,
- whisk remaining ingredients; drizzle over salad. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 147 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.