No-Fuss Avocado Onion Salad
“My mother could take a simple salad and make it incredibly delicious—like this one, which is a favorite of mine,” says daughter Marina of this recipe from her mom.—Nena Linares, Los Angeles, California
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Arrange avocados and onion on a large platter. In a small bowl, whisk
- the remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 147 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.