- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Arrange avocado and onion slices on a large platter. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; drizzle over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for No-Fuss Avocado Onion Salad
Sort By :
"Fixed this for lunch, it was sooooo good my sister asked me for the recipe! This was the first time I had made it so guess it is a keeper!! I loved it too."
"Fixed this for lunch and it was soooo good my sister asked for the recipe! This was my first time in making it----guess it is a keeper!! I loved it too."
"This is the most awesome salad ever! I made this for our Memorial Day BBQ and I got complaints.......that there wasn't enough! I could have easily doubled this and still not have had any leftovers. Just as several other reviewers stated, I too was hesitant after tasting the dressing on it's own as it is very tart and mustardy. I was concerned about ruining perfectly good avocados and Maui onions. Don't give that a thought! I have no idea how the veggies temper the dressing but together they are magical. This is a summertime keeper!"
"Easy, tasty, simple. That's the way to go"
"Tangy & sweet & oh, so GOOD! A few dashes of garlic powder finish it off perfectly. We eat this with everything all summer long! -Lesleigh Baden"