No-Fail Fudge Recipe
Our family is very active in our county fair. This fudge was the only fair entry not to melt in the 100°-plus weather we had that year.—Jeannie De Vries, Martinton, Illinois
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M's minis
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and greased the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt. Melt remaining butter; add milk and vanilla. Stir into sugar mixture until blended; whisk until smooth. Stir in M&M's. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 2. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 59 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC