No-Egg Applesauce Cake
Applesauce cake is one of my family's favorite cakes. It is always requested for any family get-together.Cathryn Hennings, Osceola, Nebraska
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine (40% corn oil), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a bowl, cream margarine and sugar until fluffy. Combine flour,
- baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; add alternately to creamed mixture
- with applesauce. Beat on low until well blended. Stir in raisins.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 247 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.