Applesauce cake is one of my family's favorite cakes. It is always requested for any family get-together.—Cathryn Hennings, Osceola, Nebraska
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine (40% corn oil), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a bowl, cream margarine and sugar until fluffy. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; add alternately to creamed mixture with applesauce. Beat on low until well blended. Stir in raisins.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as No-Egg Applesauce Cake in Country Woman May/June 1996, p36
Reviews for No-Egg Applesauce Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review