No-Crust Tropical Pie
"As a mother of two, a part-time student and a full-time employee, I appreciate freezer dishes that don't take away from family time in the evening," notes Kim Ridgeway from Okeechobee, Florida. "These creamy coconut wedges are a frequent request in my home."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until
- smooth. Fold in the pineapple, 2 cups coconut and 2 cups whipped
- topping. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with remaining
- whipped topping.
- Toast remaining coconut and sprinkle over the top. Cover and freeze
- for at least 3 hours before cutting. May be frozen up to 3 months.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 364 calories, 24 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.