No-Crust Tropical Pie Recipe
"As a mother of two, a part-time student and a full-time employee, I appreciate freezer dishes that don't take away from family time in the evening," notes Kim Ridgeway from Okeechobee, Florida. "These creamy coconut wedges are a frequent request in my home."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Fold in the pineapple, 2 cups coconut and 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Toast remaining coconut and sprinkle over the top. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours before cutting. May be frozen up to 3 months. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as No-Crust Tropical Pie in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p15
Reviews for No-Crust Tropical Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review