No-Crust Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Add the milk, egg substitute and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a 10-in. quiche pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 151 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.