No-Cook Herbed Tomato Sauce
This fresh-tasting sauce is wonderful over pasta. It's also a great use of your garden bounty!
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 medium tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, onions, garlic, oil,
- salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 30-60 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now