- 1-1/2 pounds assorted fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with basil, oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand at room temperature 30-60 minutes or until juices are released from tomatoes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with hot pasta. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for No-Cook Fresh Tomato Sauce
"Great way to use summer's bounty of tomatoes. Made for a light, meatless dinner. I used a mixture of red cherry tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, and regular tomatoes. Topped with crushed red pepper for a kick."
"A summertime treat when using fresh ingredients right out of the garden. Simple to make and tastes fantastic! We refer to this recipe as Margherita pasta Sauce . NOTE: Since the sauce will tend to cool off the pasta, we simply add the sauce into the pot of drained pasta and heat for a few minutes."
"Very easy and delicious."
"Very tasty. A great way to use extra tomatoes from the garden."
"Easy and yummy!"
"What can I say? This is a perfect recipe and so simple! I look forward to making this with tomatoes from my garden this summer. But I am thankful for hothouse tomatoes now! :) Using freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly grated black pepper is a must!"