- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
- Crumble beef into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 11 ingredients and mix well. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with rice or pasta and the toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for No-Bean Chili
Sort By :
"I love this recipe! I follow the recipe exactly and it was great. I love chili in the fall and winter. I'm a person that can't have beans, so it's perfect for me."
"I made this but used a can of Rotel instead of the tomatoes. We loved it. I probably will add another can of tomato sauce the next time simply because we like our chili to be a little bit more liquid, especially since I only used 1 pound of ground beef instead of the 1-1/2 pounds. We used it as a topping for tamales and it was excellent. We're very particular about our chili for hot dogs and this would be very good. I'll probably make a big bunch to freeze so we'll have it."
"Excellent flavor, but just a bit salty for our taste. Will cut back on the salt next time and/or use low-sodium tomatoes and sauce."
"This is very good and low in carbs. I also add tomato juice. We eat it without rice or pasta."