No-Bake Sunflower Bars
—Brenda Lewing, Many, Louisiana
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups sunflower kernels
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sunflower kernels, coconut and rice
- cereal. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and syrup. Bring to a
- boil; boil and stir for 2 minute.
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until well blended. Pour
- over sunflower mixture; stir until coated. Press into a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool; cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.