Convenience items such as store-bought angel food cake, frozen strawberries and instant pudding mix make preparing this refrigerated delight as simple as can be. I whip up this refreshing strawberry dessert all year round. It's particularly attractive when served in a glass dish. —Sherri Daniels, Clark, South Dakota
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups cold 1% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- Arrange cake cubes in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries. Pour over cake and gently press cake down. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon over gelatin layer. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chopped fresh strawberries if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as No-Bake Strawberry Dessert in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p61
Reviews for No-Bake Strawberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review