No-Bake Strawberry Dessert Recipe
Convenience items such as store-bought angel food cake, frozen strawberries and instant pudding mix make preparing this refrigerated delight as simple as can be. I whip up this refreshing strawberry dessert all year round. It's particularly attractive when served in a glass dish. —Sherri Daniels, Clark, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups cold 1% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. Arrange cake cubes in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries. Pour over cake and gently press cake down. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 3. Spoon over gelatin layer. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chopped fresh strawberries if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece equals 92 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC