- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups cold 1% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- Arrange cake cubes in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries. Pour over cake and gently press cake down. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon over gelatin layer. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chopped fresh strawberries if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for No-Bake Strawberry Dessert
"Just a question. Do I use the juice from the thawed berries or do I discard it? I am reading the comments about the "globs". If I were to use fresh strawberries, would I need to add water to the gelatin mix? Sounds wonderful and I want to make ASAP. Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me. Have to rate to post this comment. I am sure it will be five stars based on previous reviews."
"Easy and taste great! Everyone asks for the recipe at our gatherings and are especially surprised at how easy it is to make."
"family and all who taseted it loved it. it disappeared fast ,had to make it again today as family requested it. very good. Marian"
"My grand daughters and I made this at camp. Very easy, icy cold, everyone loved it."
"I have now made this several times, varying the fruit (and flavour of gelatin). It is very popular with my guests and family. One of my favourite combinations is to use frozen mixed berries in combination with raspberry gelatin, and using fresh raspberries as garnish on top of the dessert. Excellent recipe!"
"I have had so many compliments on this recipe, and this could be changed as far as what kind of pudding, what kind of fruit, what kind of Jello, I love it, and so does everyone else, I just don't know if I can print this off, and share it with eveyone where I live without causing a copyright infraction."