“My diabetic husband always liked the pineapple pie at a nearby restaurant, so I experimented making something similar but lighter," explains Shirley Miller of North Judson, Indiana. "Now, it's my most-requested dessert!
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pineapple. In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses until blended. Gradually beat in pineapple mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pastry shell. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as No-Bake Pineapple Cheese Pie in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p21
Reviews forNo-Bake Pineapple Cheese Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2011
"I have made this many times because it is easy and refreshing. Have made it several times with graham cracker crust."
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2009
"Big hit! Both at home and at the office! This one is a keeper!"