No Bake Peanut Butter Pies Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar in bowl. Cut in peanut butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs; set aside 3 tablespoons for garnish. Sprinkle the remaining mixture into the pastry shell; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in the milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in a small amount into the eggs; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla, stirring constantly. Pour into crust. Cool slightly and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the remaining confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 548 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for No Bake Peanut Butter Pies
"I have made several recipes for peanut butter pie, and none have been as good as this one! My husband is not a fan of peanut butter, and while he was eating it, he said "I hope you will make this again". Of course I will. The only change that I made was add 1/3 c of peanut butter as I was adding the eggs and vanilla. This is delicious!!!!"