No Bake Peanut Butter Pies Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar in bowl. Cut in peanut butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs; set aside 3 tablespoons for garnish. Sprinkle the remaining mixture into the pastry shell; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in the milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in a small amount into the eggs; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla, stirring constantly. Pour into crust. Cool slightly and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the remaining confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 548 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for No Bake Peanut Butter Pies
"I have made several recipes for peanut butter pie, and none have been as good as this one! My husband is not a fan of peanut butter, and while he was eating it, he said "I hope you will make this again". Of course I will. The only change that I made was add 1/3 c of peanut butter as I was adding the eggs and vanilla. This is delicious!!!!"