No-Bake Peanut Brownies
—Connie Ward, Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, peanuts, sugar and peanut butter
- until crumbly. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and
- milk over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from
- the heat; add vanilla. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- Pour remaining chocolate mixture over crumb mixture and stir until
- well blended. Spread evenly in a greased 9-in. square dish. Frost
- with the reserved chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- hour. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 158 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.