- 3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 12 ounces)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces chocolate mint candy coating
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 15 striped peppermint kisses
- Red and white nonpareils, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cookie crumbs and cream cheese until blended. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness with bottom of a glass. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Working with one at a time, dip cookies in chocolate coating mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Immediately press a kiss in center. If desired, immediately sprinkle with nonpareils. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as No-Bake Minty Oreo Blossoms in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for No-Bake Minty Oreo Blossoms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review