When my granddaughter made plans to visit friends in Norway at Christmastime, they asked her for an "American Christmas cake." We realized they meant fruitcake and chose this yummy version. They loved it!
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) graham crackers
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- 1 pound red or green candied cherries
- 1/2 pound chopped candied pineapple
- 2 cups whole Brazil nuts
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Line two 8-in. x 4-in. pans with foil and grease the foil; set aside. Crush graham crackers until fine crumbs form; place in a large bowl. Add the raisins, cherries, pineapple and nuts; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and marshmallows over low heat until marshmallows are melted; stir until blended. Pour over fruit mixture and stir until well blended. Divide between prepared pans, packing down firmly. Cover with foil; refrigerate for at least 1 week before serving. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as No-Bake Mallow Fruitcake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p60
Reviews for No-Bake Mallow Fruitcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review