No-Bake Lime Cheesecake
Being from the Sunshine State, I love any recipe containing citrus. This one, featuring lime, is quick to mix up and disappears almost as fast. Substitute orange juice, zest and slices for the lime to get another great cheesecake variation.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in.
- springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and cold water;
- let stand for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar, eggs and lime peel. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove
- from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually
- beat in gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or