No-Bake Lime Cheesecake Recipe
Being from the Sunshine State, I love any recipe containing citrus. This one, featuring lime, is quick to mix up and disappears almost as fast. Substitute orange juice, zest and slices for the lime to get another great cheesecake variation.
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar, eggs and lime peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set, stirring occasionally.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into lime mixture. Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC