No-Bake Lime Cheesecake Recipe
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in the sugar, eggs and lime peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into lime mixture. Spoon into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for No-Bake Lime Cheesecake
Sort By :
Other people liked this more than I did. It has more of a key lime pie texture and a really fresh flavor to it, but taking into consideration how many calories this must have, I'd rather have something chocolate. :)
Love this recipe, specially in the summer.
I like lime and love cheesecake. This was awful!
I made this recipe and had to make a few adjustments on the fly. I did not have any lime juice or zest so I substituted 2-6 oz containers of key lime yogurt and also used a store bought graham cracker pie crust instead of making the one in the recipe since I did not have the graham cracker ingredients already at home.
This came out great despite the substitutions and I will make it again.
Very light - loved it!! Definitely will make again.