This dazzling dessert is a dieter's delight. A light and refreshing alternative to classic cheesecake, the slim sweet calls for gelatin and lower-fat cheeses. Eva Wright, who sent the recipe from Grant, Alabama, recommends, "Vary the gelatin and pie filling flavors to suit your family's taste."
- 1 whole reduced-fat graham cracker, finely crushed, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 cup reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- Coat a 9-in. springform pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle half of graham cracker crumbs on the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of pan; set aside. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, combine the gelatin mixture, cream cheese and cottage cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl; fold in whipped topping. Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen, then remove sides of pan. Garnish with pie filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2008
"I don't think 1 graham cracker is going to do it! :)"