One of my favorite desserts in England was a cake featuring chocolate and ginger. When I came home, I tried creating different recipes using these flavors. This is easy to make and tastes fantastic!—Jennifer Warner, Huntertown, Indiana
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chocolate frosting
- 4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 80 cookies)
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the first six ingredients until blended. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with bottom of glass. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
Store cookies between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw at room temperature before serving. Yield: about 5 dozen
Originally published as No-Bake Ginger Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for No-Bake Ginger Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review