My daughter works at a summer camp, so I send treats. Instead of a cookie jar we use a coffee can and call it the Wrangler Feeding Trough. Everyone asks for this cookie. —Sue Klemm, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in oats and coconut. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as No-Bake Fudgy Coconut Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Reviews for No-Bake Fudgy Coconut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review