- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in oats and coconut. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for No-Bake Fudgy Coconut Cookies
"Didn't work for me. The cookie came out runnier than it should be and the white chocolate drizzle burnt and didn't melt."
"I'm not sure why the first response was about gluten in oatmeal, but there is DEFINITELY gluten in oatmeal! I haven't had it in 25 yrs because I've had Celiac that long!!"
"There is NO GLUTEN in Oatmeal."
"made these the other day...so easy and so good!"
"Really good cookie. I'd made a variation of these before, but my old recipe had no coconut. I added extra oats to make the cookie stiffer; that's what I'd done with my old recipe so I knew it would work fine for these. The extra oats is the key to the stiffer, less sticky cookie, although they do need to be kept refrigerated."