No-Bake Fudgy Coconut Cookies
My daughter works at a summer camp, so I send treats. Instead of a cookie jar we use a coffee can and call it the Wrangler Feeding Trough. Everyone asks for this cookie. —Sue Klemm, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
42 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a
- boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in oats and coconut. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed
- paper-lined baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies; refrigerate until set. Store in airtight
- containers. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 101 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium,