No-Bake Fudgy Coconut Cookies Recipe
My daughter works at a summer camp, so I send treats. Instead of a cookie jar we use a coffee can and call it the Wrangler Feeding Trough. Everyone asks for this cookie. —Sue Klemm, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:42 servings
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in oats and coconut. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 101 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC