No-Bake Cornflake Cookies
I grew up on a farm where we hand-milked cows and had plenty of milk and cream to use for cooking. Sometimes we'd substitute light cream for the evaporated milk in this recipe. We'd rarely let these cookies cool before sampling them, and a batch never lasted a day!
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large bowl, combine cornflakes, coconut and pecans; set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in a 1-qt. saucepan. Bring mixture to
- 240° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Add syrup mixture
- to dry ingredients; stir well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed
- paper. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 217 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.