No-Bake Chocolate Torte
Here's a delightful dessert that only looks like you fussed all day. With its attractive appearance and wonderful taste, no one will know that you saved time by spreading an easy-to-prepare frosting on a store-bought pound cake.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers and set aside. In a
- large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar
- and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in extract.
- Place one layer of cake on a serving platter; top with 1 cup of the
- frosting. Repeat layers. Frost top and sides with remaining
- frosting. Garnish with almonds if desired. Chill at least 15
- minutes. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 511 calories, 38 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.