No-Bake Chocolate Torte Recipe
Here's a delightful dessert that only looks like you fussed all day. With its attractive appearance and wonderful taste, no one will know that you saved time by spreading an easy-to-prepare frosting on a store-bought pound cake.
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- 1. Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers and set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in extract.
- 2. Place one layer of cake on a serving platter; top with 1 cup of the frosting. Repeat layers. Frost top and sides with remaining frosting. Garnish with almonds if desired. Chill at least 15 minutes. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 511 calories, 38g fat (23g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for No-Bake Chocolate Torte
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2014
"Just lo ve it"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC