At the last minute, I frantically came up with this treat for a holiday tea. The tartlets were quickly gobbled up. Now, I make them for our annual Teacher Taster's Choice and special family gatherings. —Joy Johnson, Culbertson, Montana
Featured In: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum or 1 tablespoon water plus 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 cup coconut-pecan frosting
- Additional finely chopped pecans
- Place crushed wafers in a bowl. Drizzle with rum and toss to combine. Let stand 15 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons pecans.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave milk, covered, on high for 15 seconds. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla; microwave 15-30 seconds longer or until blended, stirring twice. Stir into wafer mixture.
- Place tart shells on a serving plate. Fill each with 1 teaspoon wafer mixture; top each with 1 teaspoon frosting. Sprinkle with additional pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 45 tartlets.
Originally published as No-Bake Chocolate-Pecan Tartlets in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p115
Reviews for No-Bake Chocolate-Pecan Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2016
"Do you have to bake the tartlet shells if so what temp. how firstname.lastname@example.org"