No-Bake Chocolate Oat Cookies Recipe
This is my son's all-time favorite cookie. He will share just about anything, but these are an exception...he gobbles them up! Coconut and oats provide the chewy texture. —Carol Brandon of Uxbridge, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + standing YIELD:36 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in the oats, coconut, cocoa and vanilla.
- 3. Working quickly, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. Yield: 3 dozen.
One cookie equals 108 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC