This is my son's all-time favorite cookie. He will share just about anything, but these are an exception...he gobbles them up! Coconut and oats provide the chewy texture. —Carol Brandon of Uxbridge, Ontario
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, cocoa and vanilla.
- Working quickly, drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as No-Bake Chocolate Cookies in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p27
Reviews for No-Bake Chocolate Oat Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review