Milky Way candy bars and make-ahead convenience give this sweet specialty its fantastic flair. "Our children and their families love this eye-appealing dessert," says Pat Pierce of Epworth, Iowa. "And I never worry about left-overs because it's gone in a flash."
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold milk
- 4 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), sliced
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped topping and fresh raspberries or fresh strawberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk and gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Add the candy bars; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until candy is melted and gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add chocolate mixture and cream. Beat on high speed for 4 minutes. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped topping and berries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p57
Reviews forNo-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 6, 2011
"This cheesecake is amazing! It has never failed to get rave reviews wherever I've taken it. This is probably my favorite cheesecake recipe ever...it's definitely the easiest!"