Milky Way candy bars and make-ahead convenience give this sweet specialty its fantastic flair. "Our children and their families love this eye-appealing dessert," says Pat Pierce of Epworth, Iowa. "And I never worry about left-overs because it's gone in a flash."
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold milk
- 4 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), sliced
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped topping and fresh raspberries or fresh strawberries
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk and gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Add the candy bars; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until candy is melted and gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add chocolate mixture and cream. Beat on high speed for 4 minutes. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped topping and berries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p57
Reviews for No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review