No-Bake Choco-Nut Chews Recipe
We have a hard time keeping these tasty snacks in our house for long, so it's good that they're quick to make!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring chocolate, sugar and milk to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add butter, peanut butter, vanilla, oats and nuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow to harden, about 20 minutes, before peeling off paper. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 101 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC