No-Bake Cereal Peanut Butter Bars
This quick treats are popular with both young and old.Hennie Scholten, Edgerton, Minnesota
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups Special K
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Place cereal in a large heat-proof bowl; set aside. In a small
- saucepan, combine the peanut butter, corn syrup and sugar. Cook over
- medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Pour
- over cereal; toss to coat.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a microwave, melt
- chocolate and butterscotch chips; stir until smooth. Spread over
- bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 377 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.