These rich, fudge-like squares are packed with nuts and marshmallows. The easy recipe makes eight brownies, but you’ll want the extras to enjoy another time, assures Hermine Muellerleile writes from Hyde Park, New York.
Recommended: Homemade Baking Mixes
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon evaporated milk, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 20 wafers)
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips with 1/4 cup milk; stir until smooth. Transfer 2 tablespoons to another bowl; stir in remaining milk and set aside for topping.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed vanilla wafers, marshmallows, confectioners' sugar and pecans; beat in remaining chocolate mixture. Press into a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Spread with reserved chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as No-Bake Brownies in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p63
Reviews for No-Bake Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2016
"These brownies are easy to make and taste wonderful. They are so tasty, the chocolate frosting is delicious, and the nuts give texture. They are always a hit over the holidays."