This recipe is great during summer when you don't want to turn on the oven, but still want a sweet treat! We own a custom butchering plant and raise Limousin cattle. Our two teenagers are involved in 4-H, showing hogs and steers.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Combine first five ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over medium
- heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate and marshmallows melt.
- Bring to a full boil and boil for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- blend in butter and vanilla. Add crumbs and nuts; stir until well
- coated. Press into a greased 9-in. square pan. Chill for 1 hour.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.