No-Bake Bars Recipe
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups M&M's
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir just until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat evenly. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cool. Cut into 3-in. squares. Yield: 15 bars.
1 each: 541 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for No-Bake Bars
"I make these often for team snacks, my daughter expects them for games!I use a little less Cheerios (3 1/2 c.)I use a little more corn syrup (1 1/4 c.)Quickly add the cereal to the syrup mix, add 1/2 the cereal, mix fast, add the rest of the cereal. I use a 9X13 pan, line with foil, and lift it all out to cut into bars."
"I agree with the 2 previous post... mine usually doesn't stick together either. Anymore, I don't even bother to try to make "bars" - I just make it a "mix". And it taste WONDERFUL and it is VERY ADDICTING. It has been one of our favorites for many years & I always get request for the recipe. (Tip: use seasonal M&M's during various holidays to be festive.)"
"Great taste...not enough syrup, peanut butter mixture. Mine was very dry. Total flop. Did not stick together at all."
"These are very addicting! Everyone- all ages loves them!"