Susie Wingert from Panama, Iowa, shares this recipe for chewy treats big on taste but needing little effort. "They are handy to make when the weather is hot," she comments, "since the oven never has to be turned on."
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups M&M's
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir just until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat evenly. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cool. Cut into 3-in. squares. Yield: 15 bars.
Originally published as No-Bake Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p51
Reviews for No-Bake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review