No-Bake Apple Pie Recipe
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (0.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the apples, 1-1/2 cups water, gelatin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 2. Combine dry pudding mix and remaining water; add to apple mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts. Pour into the crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 piece with 1 tablespoon whipped topping) equals 218 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.