"We always have an abundance of apples in the fall, so I like to make this easy pie," says Shirley Vredenburg of Ossineke, Michigan. "My husband is diabetic, and this recipe fits into his diet...but everyone enjoys it."
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (0.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, 1-1/2 cups water, gelatin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Combine dry pudding mix and remaining water; add to apple mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts. Pour into the crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as No-Bake Apple Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p9
Reviews for No-Bake Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review