No-Bake Almond Bites Recipe
To help keep holiday snacking on the skinny side, our home economists whipped up these simple little sensations. Quick and easy, the chewy no-bake treats are ideal when time is tight.
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, almonds and cocoa. Combine the apple juice, corn syrup and extract; stir into crumb mixture until blended.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 81 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for No-Bake Almond Bites
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC