To help keep holiday snacking on the skinny side, our home economists whipped up these simple little sensations. Quick and easy, the chewy no-bake treats are ideal when time is tight.
Recommended: 26 Favorite Camping Recipes
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, almonds and cocoa. Combine the apple juice, corn syrup and extract; stir into crumb mixture until blended.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as No-Bake Almond Bites in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p8
Reviews for No-Bake Almond Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review