- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, jalapeno and cayenne.
- Drop into 1-in. mounds onto prepared baking sheet 2 in. apart. Sprinkle dough with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Nippy Cheese Puffs in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Fall 2009, p26
Reviews for Nippy Cheese Puffs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >