Nine-Layer Salad Recipe
Creamy and crunchy, this delightful dish is loaded with popular salad ingredients such as green pepper, green onions, frozen peas and bacon. It’s a colorful accompaniment to Mom’s spaghetti. —Anne Halfhill, Worthington, Ohio
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup each chopped green pepper, celery and green onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1. In a large salad bowl, layer the lettuce, spinach, green pepper, celery, green onions and peas. Spread with mayonnaise. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle cheeses and bacon over mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 418 calories, 38g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Nine-Layer Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC