Creamy and crunchy, this delightful dish is loaded with popular salad ingredients such as green pepper, green onions, frozen peas and bacon. It’s a colorful accompaniment to Mom’s spaghetti. —Anne Halfhill, Worthington, Ohio
Recommended: 15 Make-Ahead Salad Recipes
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup each chopped green pepper, celery and green onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a large salad bowl, layer the lettuce, spinach, green pepper, celery, green onions and peas. Spread with mayonnaise. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle cheeses and bacon over mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Nine-Layer Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p35
Reviews for Nine-Layer Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review