Night Before Casserole Recipe
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 6 to 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices deluxe American cheese
- 6 slices boiled or baked ham
- Prepared mustard
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- Chopped fresh parsley
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Spread bread with butter. Place six slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top each bread slice with a slice of cheese and ham. Brush with mustard. Place the remaining bread slices, buttered side up, over mustard. Beat eggs and milk; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, heat sauce ingredients and keep warm. Garnish with parsley; serve with the mushroom sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Night Before Casserole(4)
Sort By :
I have made this many times. It's so easy to suit your taste! Want spicey add peppers, want sausage not ham, go for it. When I used sausage I precooked it. Then crumbled it over bread. Try diffetent cheeses like I have. Swiss cheese adds a lot of flavour too. The possibilities are endless!! Thank you !!
I made the recipe as as written, but left out the mushroom sauce. It was easy to make, but we found it somewhat lacking. The concept is great, but there wasn't enough flavor for us. I guess we just prefer bit taste. I WILL make this again, but next time I will either add more ham and mustard, or perhaps I will make it sweet and replace the ham and mustard with jam and cream cheese. Also, I might cube the bread. I used my own homemade bread and it wasn't square so didn't come out like the pictures. Regardless, I will make it again. Thank you, Reminisce, for the recipe. 8~)
This casserole is easy to make and tastes great. I've made it often for our family, and all 5 of my children love it!
This sounds delicious and quick and easy to make. But I think I would at least half it because there are only two of us.
JEA in AR
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >