Nicoise Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, onion powder and pepper
- 2 small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3-1/2 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 Greek olives, pitted and halved
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool; cut into quarters.
- 3. Place beans in another saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 4. Divide lettuce between two salad plates; top with potatoes, beans, tomatoes, olives, eggs and tuna. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 613 calories, 49 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 242 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Nicoise Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.