VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt, onion powder and pepper
- 2 small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans
- 3-1/2 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 Greek olives, pitted and halved
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, quartered
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool; cut into quarters.
- Place beans in another saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Divide lettuce between two salad plates; top with potatoes, beans, tomatoes, olives, eggs and tuna. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Nicoise Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p213
Reviews forNicoise Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2015
"IMHO... double the salt and onion powderUse 4 tbsp. of red wine vinegar instead of 3 white wine vinegarHubby doesn't like Olives so I omitted them and used Iceberg lettuce and since I'm not fond of Tuna (hubby loves it), I rinsed it well and will use this version over and over for sure. Tested perfect for our household."