- and meringue powder on low speed just until combined. Beat on high
- for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add corn syrup; beat 1
- minute longer.
- Tint with food coloring of your choice. Cover frosting with damp
- paper towels or plastic wrap between uses. Spread and/or pipe
- frosting on cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Editor’s Note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup. As a substitute for each 1/2 cup of self-rising flour, place 3/4 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 1/2-cup measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1/2 cup.
Meringue powder is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit wilton.com.